Receiving your financial aid all starts with filing your FAFSA, but we know that can be confusing or even overwhelming. That's why we are here to help. Our knowledgeable staff will help you complete the financial aid process and explore other ways to pay for college like scholarships, jobs and internships.
March 31 is the priority deadline for FAFSA. You can still apply after this date but your funds aren't guaranteed.
PPCC's FAFSA School Code
Apply for Financial Aid
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is a free form completed by current and prospective college students to determine their eligibility for student financial aid.
When completing this form, please ensure that you are using the official website, https://studentaid.gov/.
Please be aware of .com sites or services promoting higher eligibility, it is a sign that the website is not the approved site.
Steps to Apply for Financial Aid
The College accepts the Federal Need Analysis Methodology as a fair and equitable means of determining the student’s or the family’s ability to contribute to the student’s educational expenses.
Step 1 — Application
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Apply for a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) at https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
- Complete the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov . If you are a dependent student, the parent you live with or provides you the most support must be the parent included on the FAFSA. (Parent must also have an FSA ID in order to sign FAFSA.)
- School Code - Enter the Pikes Peak Community College School Code: 008896
- Tax Information - Students and parents required to report prior year's IRS tax information. For 2020-2021 aid, requires 2018 taxes.). Always use IRS Data Retrieval Tool, if available.
- Sign and Submit
If you need further assistance in completing your application, stop by the Financial Aid Office at either the Rampart Range or Centennial Campuses. An appointment is not required; we can assist you on a walk-in basis.
Step 2 — Check Student Email for Results (5-10 business days after submission for processing)
- Verification - You may be selected for verification which will require you to provide additional documentation to the financial aid office, such as a verification worksheet, copies of your taxes, or anything to clarify conflicting information in order to ensure your FAFSA is accurate.
- Award Offer – If not selected for verification or after verification is complete, you will receive notification that you have been awarded aid. You can review this award offer in your portal.
- Awards are split between two semesters, fall and spring.
- Awards are always based on full-time. If you are attending 11 credits or less you are subject to award pro-ration.
- Grants are auto-accepted. You will have to manually accept or deny loan funds.
Financial Aid Office Locations and Office Hours
Contact the Financial Aid Office at 719-502-3000, at email@example.com, or stop by Centennial or Rampart Range campuses.
Hours of Operation
Monday | 8 am - 5 pm
Tuesday | 8 am - 5 pm
Wednesday | 8 am - 5 pm
Thursday | 8 am - 5 pm
Friday | 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday & Sunday | Closed
Centennial Campus (CC)
Room A110, Aspen Building
5675 S. Academy Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80906
Rampart Range Campus (RRC)
2070 Interquest Parkway
Colorado Springs, CO 80921