Frequently Asked Questions.
Do I have to take the placement test?
No! You are not required to take the placement test to enroll in classes. You can meet with an advisor to get placed into the right classes without testing.
To help the advisor, bring a copy of the following documents if you have them:
- ACT, SAT or PSAT scores within the last five years
- GED, HiSet, or TASC scores within the last five years
- Recent High School Transcripts with grades of "B" or higher in Math and English
- College transcript from a regionally-accredited college/university within the last fifteen years
Does PPCC offer Accuplacer Next Generation or Classic tests?
- As of October 22, 2018 PPCC only offers the Next Generation Accuplacer tests.
Where can I take the Accuplacer?
By appointment only:
- Centennial Campus, Room A-121
- Rampart Range Campus, Room S-101
- Schedule an appointment online through eSARS for Centennial and Rampart Campuses.
- Fort Carson, Bldg. 1117 room 117
- Call (719) 502-4200 to schedule an appointment.
How do I prepare for the Accuplacer?
It is important to prepare for the placement test. Here is what we recommend:
ACCUPLACER™ online study guides can be found with a Yahoo or Google search engines by typing in “Accuplacer study guides,” note some sites may incur fees.
What do I need to bring?
When you arrive at the Testing Center you must have a valid current picture ID and if possible, know your student ID number. You may not use textbooks, notebooks, dictionaries, or calculators during the test. The math portion of the test has a built in calculator that you may use. Pencils and scratch paper will be provided for you.
Appointments are required for Accuplacer testing. The test is not timed, but you should allow approximately two hours for testing. Testers should schedule their appointment online through eSARS.
How do I get my results?
- You will receive your score report a few minutes after finishing the test.
- Due to The Privacy Act of 1974 ACCUPLACER scores results may only be released to test taker and can not be given out over the phone.
What is next after taking the Accuplacer?
Meet with an advisor for course recommendations. Students are responsible for enrolling in any required college prep coursework during the first 30 hours of attendance at the college according to Colorado State policy.
What is the charge for the Accuplacer?
There is no fee for the first time you take the Accuplacer placement test. All re-tests are $10 per section. You may only retest once per semester. Pay at the Cashier and bring your receipt to the testing center.
Can I retake the Accuplacer?
Yes! Students are allowed to retake each section of the Accuplacer once per semester. You must wait at least 24 hours before retesting, but we encourage you to take time to study before retesting. There is a $10 per section retest fee. You can find the full retest policy and retesting windows here.